- Order your swabs in advance if you are able to allow for possible postal delay.
- Swab kits are posted out via Tracked 24.
- Swabs are returned to the lab by Tracked 24, which is normally very reliable (98% are delivered within 24hrs in our experience). You may organise a courier yourself if you wish to be 100% certain of delivery.
- VirTus/Circular 1 Health SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) PCR test results will be e-mailed to you within 24 hours of sample receipt at their laboratories.
- Swabs received in the lab before 1pm will receive their result certificate by e-mail on the same day.
- Swabs received in the lab after 1pm will receive their result certificate by e-mail the next day.
How it works
- Purchase your test online here
- You will receive your home sample kit via express delivery (next working day delivery if ordered before 2pm)
- Take your sample at home, following the instructions provided
- Return your sample in the pre-paid envelope (this should go in any Royal Mail “priority” post box)
- Receive your results by e-mail within 1 day of your sample reaching the laboratory (you will also receive your “fit to fly” certificate, pending a negative test result)
What’s in the kit?
- 1x Swab for taking your sample
- 1x Biohazard bag
- 1x Instruction sheet
- 1x Test request form
- 1x Pre-paid postal return box
Travel Testing Requirements
At present, most airlines and destinations require testing and certificates. Depending on the requirements for your destination country, testing will be required within a specified timeframe, for example 48, 72 or 96 hours prior to departure.
Travel regulations are subject to change.
You must keep up to date with the UK Government’s advice about travel and find out about your destination’s conditions of entry, including any countries you are passing through if you have a flight transfer.
For a full list of countries with applicable travel advice, click here.
Further test details:
Who is this suitable for?
Anyone who would like to know if they currently have COVID-19, whether for travel, returning to work or to understand if you are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2.
This is the ‘do you have it’ test. If you currently have symptoms of COVID-19, you should also follow government guidelines (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus).
How accurate is this test?
This test has been extensively validated and has a sensitivity of 98% and a specificity of 100%.
How quickly will I get my results?
Swabs received in the lab after 1pm will receive their results certificate by e-mail the same day. Swabs received in the lab after 1pm will receive their results certificate by e-mail the next morning.
Is this an approved test?
This CE-marked PCR test kit is sourced from a UK manufacturer and is approved by Public Health England.